COOKING SHOWS

 

Two things…

1)    1)  Is it not truly amazing that one can think: “oh... let me write down this thought”, and one reaches for a flat metallic item, opens it and begins typing to the world?

2)    2)   I am busy watching a cooking programme. In fact I watch every cooking programme that I can find. Yet I do not really cook. I do not have more than a camp kitchen and even before living in a tent, as my children will attest, I only cooked because I had to keep them and my animals alive. Except on special occasions when I would apply myself.

The program I am busy watching is about chefs from different countries and styles of cooking. Every expression is celebrated. From cookie milk to crème Brulé. Granita, brioche, and springbok potjie.

My mind wonders to my world (this being the world of lions and sanctuaries). I think about the respect shown between various chefs and styles of cooking. Pastry chefs nodding to sushi chefs. Sugar artists acknowledging braai masters and Michelin star chefs giving credit to street food vendors. Yet here in the lion world, we look askew at the next sanctuary for having a different defrosting method to ourselves. Seriously?

Encouragement between those wanting to care for lions and other big cats is vital to the ongoing survival of sanctuaries. Let’s simply get on with this and support one another.

Oh, another thing. The cinematography on these cooking shows is rather awesome.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 STARS FELL INTO OUR LIVES

THE LION WHO HAD BEEN HIT ON THE HEAD

INSPIRED BY A LIONESS